What is dusky skin?
Dusky skin tone belongs to the group of the natural shade of light brown. It is the natural shade of darker tone than fair skin. Sometimes it is also called caramel skin tone due to its appearance. If you are thinking that what is your skin tone, you must perform a test by first washing your face and then marking your skin color in natural lighting.
Dusky skin tone gives an excellent brown shade to your skin, contrasting with your dark eyes. That’s why people choose to have dark makeup to complement the look. Dusky skin tone is primarily found in people of Eastern Asia, especially in India and Bangladesh. The attractive dusky skin tone is usually accompanied by dark brown or black hair.
BENEFITS OF DUSKY SKIN
There are numerous merits of having a dusky skin tone. It is very beneficial not in terms of beauty but also for health. Below are some chief advantages of dusky skin.
- People with dusky skin tones have a lot of melanin in their skin pigments. Melanin indicates the color of the skin tone. Hence, the higher the amount of melanin, the darker the skin andvice-versa. Moreover, research says that there are fewer chances for dusky people to develop skin cancer due to the high amount of melanin pigments.
- Dusky skin tone is the most beautiful shade of brown. You can flaunt this brown shade of skin by taking proper care of it. Even if you are wearing a mini dress, this natural shade of brown can surely make you stand out in the crowd.
- A dusky skin complexion also protects you from sunburn. Yes, you heard right! As harmful Ultraviolet rays from the sun can cause sunburn on the skin. Dusky people having a high amount of melanin in the skin can prevent sunburn by absorbing the UV rays.
DISADVANTAGES OF DUSKY SKIN
As everything has advantages and disadvantages, dusky skin also has several problems. There are some demerits to having a dusky skin tone due to insufficient care and racism. Everyone has their definition of beauty, and some people think fair skin is the only beauty.
- If not taken proper care of your dusky skin tone, it can cause problems. You can have a dirty shade instead of a dusky skin tone if not taken appropriate care of the skin. Moreover, this brown shade can also become dull later.
- Another issue with having a dusky skin complexion is that dusky skin is pretty sensitive. There are chances of several skin problems like acne and pimples. But the best part is that taking proper care of the skin, like cleansing and moisturizing, can minimize this problem.
- Unfortunately, there has been racism, and people with fair skin are given more priority. However, we still find many dusky celebrities in the film and model industry.
HOW TO TAKE CARE OF A DUSKY COMPLEXION?
The first measure in taking proper care of the dusky skin tone is to wash your face and moisturize it properly. Wash with water or with gentle face wash products. Clean your face regularly before you go to bed. The dead cells will remove, and finally, your skin will look young and radiant.
WHAT TO WEAR ON A DUSKY COMPLEXION?
It is vital to choose the right makeup shades for dusky skin. If you fulfill this essential requirement properly, you can effortlessly flaunt your unique beauty.
Choose your foundation wisely. The wrong foundation can make your skin pale and dull. Use liquid foundation because it will shine on your skin. Blend properly. Avoid using pink undertones for correcting pigmentation on the skin. Apply light, soft colors like rose, deep orange, and coral shades for your blush. Gold-tone shimmers work wonders for dusky complexion during evenings. Avoid a dirty look; do not use brown, light pink, and peach shades.
Matte lipsticks work best on dusky skin. Shades of beige, soft pink, and gold are suitable for a dusky complexion. Prepare a base first with a lip balancer if you have dark-toned lips.
Dark browns, copper, prunes, and burgundy shades are lovely for eyeshadow. Women also prefer black eye shadow and smoky eyes to look stunning on big days. Do less makeup and avoid using a mix of colors.
BEST FOUNDATIONS FOR DUSKY SKIN
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Foundation
The foundation has a variety of shades for all skin types. The ladies with oily skin need a matte foundation. However, it is worth the splurge on the pricier side because the foundation blends flawlessly onto the skin and doesn’t stick into fine lines and wrinkles. It has SPF 10 for better protection.
- NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation
NARS is home to several cult-favorite makeup products, and their All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation is one of them. The foundation is very light and lasts all day long. It also covers redness and discoloration, and it offers 20 different shades.
- Black Up Matifying Fluid Foundation
Black Up’s Matifying Foundation is best for a matte look. The excellent foundation has been renovated to ensure a stunning mattifying effect on application through the years. It comes in 18 shades, and it has sebum-regulating and astringent active ingredients that make you look bright throughout the day.
- Clinique Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup
It is available in 20 shades. Moreover, it controls oil and helps minimize the appearance of excess shine, applicable for both oily and dry skin. The texture is a lightweight cream, and it delivers medium coverage for up to eight hours.
- Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation
The Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation is very costly but also worthy. It is ideal for you if you want invisible, natural, and weightless coverage for glowing skin. Bobbi Brown’s skin foundation is long-lasting and minimizes all pores and discolorations. It is suitable for all skin types. Moreover, it also comes with SPF 15.
By now, you must have got information about dusky skin. The dusky complexion is a beautiful, adorable, and unique shade. The only thing to make it more attractive is to take proper care of it.